Welcome to the website of the British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society.
We are a society of orthopaedic surgeons who have a special interest in surgery of the foot and ankle.
Mr James Davis,
President of BOFAS
**BOFAS are very disappointed to announce that the 2020 annual scientific meeting scheduled for November 2020 which was deferred to 17-19 March 2021 has now had to be cancelled. The society will hold a half day Annual Scientific Meeting on 11 March 2021. BOFAS November 2021 will now take place in March 2022**
**BOFAS is providing a series of webinars to support members and provide timely updates during the fast changing COVID-19 situation. Dates, programmes, registration details and recordings of past webinars can be found here. BOFAS is also creating a series of webinars for specialist orthopaedic surgery trainees. Dates and registration details are available for the previous and future topics. Over 25 webinars are planned and these will cover the entire foot and ankle section of the FRCS (Tr&Orth) curriculum**
The Society's purposes include:
- To encourage interest in foot and ankle surgery among orthopaedic surgeons
- To encourage both basic science and clinical research in foot and ankle surgery
- To contribute to postgraduate training and continuing medical education
- To represent foot and ankle surgeons in the British Orthopaedic Association and to other professional and health-related bodies
- To encourage links with foot and ankle surgeons in other countries