Welcome to the website of the British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society.
We are a society of orthopaedic surgeons who have a special interest in surgery of the foot and ankle.
Mr James Davis,
President of BOFAS
**The BOFAS 2020 annual scientific meeting scheduled for November 2020 has been deferred to 17-19 March 2021. The venue in Torbay remains unchanged. In the event that the COVID-19 situation prevents the meeting going ahead in March, it will be carried out in webinar format. BOFAS November 2021 will now take place in March 2022**
**BOFAS is providing a series of webinars to support members and provide timely updates during the fast changing COVID-19 situation. Dates, programmes, registration details and recordings of past webinars can be found here. BOFAS is also launching a series of webinars for specialist orthopaedic surgery trainees. Dates and registration details are available for the first eight topics. Over 25 webinars are planned and these will cover the entire foot and ankle section of the FRCS (Tr&Orth) curriculum**
The Society's purposes include:
- To encourage interest in foot and ankle surgery among orthopaedic surgeons
- To encourage both basic science and clinical research in foot and ankle surgery
- To contribute to postgraduate training and continuing medical education
- To represent foot and ankle surgeons in the British Orthopaedic Association and to other professional and health-related bodies
- To encourage links with foot and ankle surgeons in other countries