The aim of the Scientific Committee is to advance study & research in Foot & Ankle surgery.
Key activities of this committee include:
- Supporting research through the awarding of grants.
- Facilitating surveys of the BOFAS membership.
- Abstract reviews for both the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA) and BOFAS annual scientific meetings.
- Award of prizes for the best podium and poster presentations at the annual scientific meeting.
- Support in finishing scientific papers for publication.
- Development of national practice guidelines.
- Development of commissioning pathways.
- Guidance in HRG coding.