BOFAS Diabetic Foot Principles Course (Milton Keynes) - Course Full (please add your name to the waiting list)
Event Start Date: 15/04/2024
Event End Date: 15/04/2024
Sign Up To This Event
This event is fully booked but you can join the waitlist and we will contact you if a place becomes available.
The BOFAS Diabetic Foot Principles Course is an exciting new course designed for Orthopaedic trainees. The Course will take place in Milton Keynes and will cover the diabetic foot content in the FRCS (Orth) curriculum but will also enable those attending to manage confidently diabetic foot patients who they will encounter on call, both as trainees and as consultants. The content will be delivered in an informal and interactive multidisciplinary environment, with an emphasis on practical management, including workshops and critical Case Based Discussions. The multidisciplinary faculty includes BOFAS accredited orthopaedic surgeons, plastic and vascular surgeons, radiologists and diabetologists.
- Introduction to diabetic foot management
- Foot attack & acute Debridement
- Medical management of diabetics with foot infections
- Vascular assessment and acute ischaemia
- Imaging of the diabetic foot
- Antibiotic management of diabetic foot infections
- Role of plastics
- Charcot and reconstruction
- Amputation, including rehabilitation
- Practical workshops
- Clinical case presentations and case based discussions
Timings (subject to change)
09:00hrs - 17:00hrs
Lunch and refreshments included.