BOFAS Journal Club
During the COVID-19 pandemic, BOFAS responded to the need to keep our members both updated with knowledge and feeling connected. We have adopted a series of novel approaches to online education.
EdComm and SciComm launched a new joint initiative in April 2021 and this has been very successfully received. The concept is a BOFAS Journal Club, to which all Consultant members are invited to discuss academic papers on key subjects in Foot & Ankle. This initiative aims to connect our Consultant members together in a discussion of interesting new and classic academic papers, across the full range of topics in Foot & Ankle Surgery. Every two months, the hour long webinar will present the aims, strengths and weakness of the papers, along with reflections from the senior authors themselves from across the world. The Moderators co-ordinate live questions and explore how the papers have moved forward our clinical practice.
- This series is aimed at Consultant level.
- We invite the key authors, who are leaders in the field from all over the world.
- Each webinar is one hour long.
- The series is run alternate months.
- There are two co-chairmen, who will facilitate and direct questions submitted from the members.
- There is an over arching theme for each webinar, which will link together two or three papers. Each paper will need 20 minutes or so for presentation, reflections from the author, questions from members and learning points.
Please note that due to copyright issues, we are unable to distribute the articles to the membership. Kindly request the above articles through your Trust and peruse them prior to the session.