BOFAS Journal Club
During this strange year of disruption and uncertainty, BOFAS needs to keep our members both updated with knowledge and feeling connected. We have adopted a series of novel approaches to online education.
EdComm and SciComm will be launching a new joint initiative in April. The concept is a BOFAS Journal Club, to which all Consultant members are invited to discuss academic papers on key subjects in Foot & Ankle. This initiative aims to connect our Consultant members together in a discussion of interesting new and classic academic papers, across the full range of topics in Foot & Ankle Surgery. Every two months, the hour long webinar will present the aims, strengths and weakness of the papers, along with reflections from the senior authors themselves from across the world. The Moderators will co-ordinate live questions and explore how the papers have moved forward our clinical practice.
- This series is aimed at Consultant level.
- We will invite the key authors, who are leaders in the field from all over the world.
- Each webinar will be one hour long.
- The series will be run alternate months starting in April 2021.
- There will be two co-chairmen, who will facilitate and direct questions submitted from the members.
- There will be an over arching theme for each webinar, which will link together two or three papers. Each paper will need 20 minutes or so for presentation, reflections from the author, questions from members and learning points.
Please note that due to copyright issues, we are unable to distribute the articles to the membership. Kindly request the above articles through your Trust and peruse them prior to the session.