BOFAS Diabetic Foot Travelling Fellowship:
The BOFAS Diabetic Foot Travelling fellowship is open to foot & ankle surgeons / senior trainees from UK and overseas that like to expand their knowledge and skills on the management of diabetic foot presentations. Two travelling fellowship placements are available for the duration of 2-6 weeks during March and September each year. These fellowships are self-funded. The successful candidates will visit 1-2 selected high volume centres that are recognised for specialist diabetic foot surgical training.
The objectives of the fellowship are:
- To provide an exposure to the multidisciplinary management of a wide range of diabetic foot conditions.
- To understand the management of complex diabetic foot infections in the outpatient and inpatient setup.
- To familiarise the established as well as the modern principles of management of acute Charcot foot and the surgical reconstruction of deformed diabetic foot
- To gain exposure to the non-orthopaedic aspects of multidisciplinary diabetic foot care including the vascular, medical, and podiatric components.
- To understand the principles of offloading of a diabetic foot, including total contact casting.
Please complete the application form below, ensuring you upload the documents requested before you submit.
Questions should be directed to Prof Venu Kavarthapu on the BOFAS Education Committee.
The deadline for applications is 1st May 2023. The successful candidates will be provided with further information on the fellowship programme and the process for securing a visitation contract with the host hospital.